On Hiatus

I've been perpetually on hiatus from my life, and these blog doo-wangies seem to be just interjections in my own un-still thoughts. But before I elaborate, I'd like to illustrate a brief scenario for you.

Because of all the hype recently, I opened up the green writer's paris web page once again. I read the latest news -- which, by the way, I won't deny was quite shocking -- but also proceeded to scroll through the list of blogs, which were still housed in their usual right hand column. I continued to read through the writers on the list, and soon my 5 minute venture had turned into an hours worth.

And, at long last, I arrived at my own listing, a small blip in the eternity of writing. Simply, a useless collection of words.

Fin.

I've been on hiatus too long. I've starred at too many blank screens yearning for my brain to process some sort of information, but every time I opened a new post and tried to write, the words escaped me (I now have close to 8 or 9 new drafts respectively).

This isn't your cliché writers block blog write, it's more of a cry into the dark; as if Donna at the dispatch office has just sent out a group of rescue fire fighters to discover the souse of an atomic explosion.

Emily told me the other day that there are always words in her, that they just are swimming up there ready to make conception. She said it was probably how I thought about music, but as I've thought about it, it's more like my brain is on menopause, and some unknown force won't let me bleed.

Is it easy to forget yourself?

I've always wondered why life just ends, and maybe, just maybe;

this is it. So, I'm now writing my eulogy I guess.

*Drumroll ensues*

Thank you all my friends for being there. Thank you parents for trying. Thank you God for not giving up, even if I did.

Well then, that's it.

See you next Tuesday?

- Dominic.