To A Wild Rose



"Did you drop off the package?"

No.

"Sarah, have you ever thought that maybe you don't look hard enough?"

Trust me I looked.

"Sarah, talk to me."

I'm lost, and I can't find my way, can't you see that!

"Talk: to me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Two roses framed the edge of a wide meadow. Two ships massed at the outskirts of a large bay. Two planets paralleled each other's orbits around a sun. In tandem we coif and circle, never meeting.

However.

It takes two hills to make a valley. It takes two lumps of sugar to sweeten a coffee. It takes two chairs to complete the symmetry in a seating area. One can not be complete without the other.

Even if at times a hill and an ocean resemble a valley, and even if at times one can suffice with just a single lump of sugar, and even if the lack of symmetry in a seating area can create a simple motif that correlates to post modernism, my valley is more prevalent with two hills, and my coffee tastes better with two lumps not one, and I don't give a shit a bout post modernism because I have OCD and two chairs just looks better than one why would you even think that just one chair looks good it just looks plain stupid.

I've spent a great deal trying to figure out what love is. "I often find myself here thinking, about the birds, the boats, and past loves, that flew away or started sinking." (Stars - Fun.)

Relationships are hard, they require a great deal of strategy. Every move is planned, every step that is taken is taken in deliberation. Pieces on the chess board move, some get taken out along the way, but ultimately a victory is found.

Relationships are different from love though.

Love is easy, it requires no strategy, it only requires trust. Every move happens in free will, every step that is taken is taken half-blindly. The pieces of the puzzle fall into place, if they're supposed to, some may get bent on the way, but ultimately a victory is found.

The construction of love between two people is exhilarating. You don't feel nervous or anxious, you only feel but excitement and a crooked half smile. (#TFIOS)

And, the only thing that makes love complicated, but interesting, is that puzzles don't come with exact directions. You only get the picture of what it will look like in the end. It's your jobs to figure out how the pieces fit together.




My heart is open, but my puzzle box is closed.
Here I. I sit and gaze on you, a wild rose.

The chemicals I sprayed, but nearly made a dent.
Welcomed I might feel, but my love could be spent.

I grasped at thinner air in times of desperation,
in hopes of trincular or timely synchronization.

Your heart is closed, and your puzzle box the same.
I, and you, the wild rose, I see shall n'er be tame.


Love,

Sarah